Listen, we think everyone is sick of being told to use their leftover rice to make fried rice. Been there and done that (maybe hundreds of times). So, what is another way you can repurpose the leftover rice in your fridge? Believe it or not, there are other methods and one of our favorites is to make crispy rice!
Crispy rice is a great way to repurpose leftover rice because it completely changes the texture and flavor, so it feels like you’re eating a completely new dish instead of just leftovers. This delicious rice recipe can be eaten on its own, dipped in your favorite sauces, or even underneath some fish for a make-your-own sushi kinda thing!
- Leftover rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pack leftover rice into a 1-inch thick patty. You can do this in a small pan or even on a plate.
- Cut the patty into squares or rectangles in the size you want your crispy rice to be. We recommend 1-2 inch sections.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, place the rice into the pan and fry until golden brown. Flip and repeat.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!