Create a culinary masterpiece with these homemade Stilton ravioli, filled with rich and creamy cheese. They can be a bit tricky to make but they more than make up for it with their deep umami flavor and tanginess. Here’s a recipe for how to make them.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Fresh chives, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Toasted walnuts, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- On a clean surface, mound the flour and create a well in the center. Crack the eggs into the well, add salt, and gradually incorporate the flour into the eggs.
- Knead the dough until smooth, adding water if necessary. Wrap in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes. In a bowl, mix crumbled Stilton cheese, ricotta, grated Parmesan, salt, and black pepper until well combined. Set aside. Divide the rested dough into smaller portions. Roll out each portion into a thin sheet using a pasta machine or rolling pin.
- Place small amounts of the Stilton filling on one sheet of pasta, leaving space between each mound. Brush water around each mound of filling and place another sheet of pasta on top.
- Press down around each mound to seal, making sure to eliminate any air pockets. Use a ravioli cutter or a sharp knife to cut out individual ravioli.
- In a large skillet, melt unsalted butter over medium heat. Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a gentle simmer. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the homemade Stilton ravioli for 3-4 minutes or until they float to the surface. Gently transfer the cooked ravioli to the creamy sauce, tossing to coat each piece. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the ravioli are heated through.
- If desired, garnish with chopped fresh chives and toasted walnuts for added texture and flavor.