Who doesn’t love brownies? These black bean brownies are about as healthy as you can get for brownies, so dig in!
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup or agave
- 2 tablespoons of sugar of any kind
- 1/4 cup of any kind of oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more of chocolate chips
- Drain and rinse the black beans very well so they have none of the canning liquid on them.
- Put all the ingredients except the chocolate into a food processor and blend it until the mixture becomes very smooth and batter-like.
- Then, drop in the chocolate chips and stir it with a spoon by hand to evenly mix them but not break them up.
- Take an 8×8 pan and grease it with any kind of oil and pour the brownie batter in there.
- Top the brownies with more chocolate chips if you like, or leave it as is.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Occasionally you will find that even after 19 minutes the brownies look and feel underdone, but by then, they are definitely cooked, so take them out of the oven, allow them to cool, and then chill them overnight to fully set.
- If you do feel like they’re fully set after they’ve cooked, still cool for 15 minutes before cutting, and enjoy!