Making a beet salad is super simple and a great way to make beets the star of the show. It doesn’t take long at all to make, it’s super healthy, and overall a delicious and satiating dish!
- 3 beets of any color
- 1 package of arugula
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of olive oil plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Goat cheese or feta cheese
- Walnuts or any other type of nut
- Begin by rinsing and peeling the beets. If you can, you probably want to use gloves while handling the beets because they can definitely stain your hands.
- Then, cut the beets up into quarters, and depending on how big they are, into quarters again. If they’re relatively small, leave them as they are.
- Spread the beets on a baking sheet and drizzle over about 2 tablespoons of
olive oil as well as salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 425 F or until they’re fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the arugula, cheese, and nuts. Toss in the beets when they’re done
- Add the balsamic, olive oil, dijon, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a bowl and mix.
- Pour over the salad, toss, and enjoy!