Every amateur vegan cook should master the art of making fritters with different types of veggies, and if cabbage happens to be your favorite, we’ve got a recipe just for you!
Copenhagen-based blogger Michala, the mastermind behind food blog Micadeli, shared this delicious recipe with the world, and it didn’t take us long to fall in love with it. She used flax seeds to stop the fritters from falling apart, but you can easily use eggs instead if you’re not a vegan.
Cabbage and carrots were her go-to vegetables, but the good thing about fritters is that you can use pretty much anything you want. Serving options are pretty much endless, as well, since you can mix them up with a good dip or dressing sauce or even make mini vegan burgers.
- 2 tablespoon of Flaxseeds
- 7 tablespoon Water
- 500g. Cabbage
- 200g. Carrots
- 2 tablespoon of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- In a small bowl start to mix the flax seeds with water. Leave to thicken while preparing the vegetables.
- Wash the cabbage and peel the carrots. Then shred both into small pieces.
- Mix the shredded cabbage and carrots in a bowl along with flour, baking powder, turmeric, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Add the flaxseed mix too. Combine all ingredients.
- Form the mixing into fritters shape or which shape you’d like.
- Heat a pan with 3-4 tablespoons of oil. Carefully add the fritters. Leave to cook 5 minutes until crispy and golden. Flip them halfway through.
- Once cooked place on a plate with paper towels to drain the oil.