No one wants extra clean up, especially when you’re having a lot of people over. This white chili is perfect for tailgate parties, family dinners, or just something to keep in the fridge for an easy go-to dinner throughout the week.
- Start by making a super flavorful chili paste. On a sheet pan, put a whole red onion, 6 cloves of garlic in the skin, 2 poblano peppers and 2 jalapeno peppers.
- Broil everything until the peppers are completely charred.
- Put the peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. Then, peel off the skin and de-seed them.
- Throw all the vegetables into a food processor and puree everything until smooth.
- Heat up oil in a dutch oven and toast cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic and onion powder, and paprika for just a minute.
- Season three chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook on each side just for a couple of minutes. Pour in the chili paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour stock over just to cover and cook on medium for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is 150F, and then take the chicken out.
- Rinse and dry any type of canned white beans. Add them to the pot along with diced tomatoes and cook and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken, add it back into the pot, and cook just for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!