Are you struggling to come up with lunch ideas now that you’re returning back to the office? While working from home, we had the luxury of being able to make fresh, hot meals. While you can always pack a sandwich, salads are much more fun and this Mediterranean chickpea one is packed with flavor and it’s really healthy. The best part is that it’s super filling and it’s easy to make. This recipe yields two servings, so you’ll have lunch sorted for two days or you can make one for your partner.
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 20 Kalamata olives, halved
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- Combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, Kalamata olives, and red pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Separate into two portions.
- Right before serving add 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to each portion.
- Top with 1.5 ounces of feta cheese.
- Mix everything together and enjoy!