When it comes to the final meal of the day, we’ll happily cheer, “Winner, winner, chicken dinner!” It’s true that chicken can sometimes be on the dry side, but this sweet and super simple marinade will have you sinking your teeth into supper. All you need is three ingredients that you probably have in your pantry.
• 4 chicken breasts, skinless and deboned
• ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons of honey
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of salt
- Combine the vinegar, honey, olive oil, and salt in a glass bowl and add the chicken breasts. Cover the chicken with the marinade and allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or cover with clingfilm and store in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once very hot, add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken, add a splash of vinegar to de-glaze the pan, and pour the sauce over the chicken or rice to serve.