Are you trying to figure out what to cook for dinner tonight? Maybe you’re considering takeout. Who needs takeout when you have this awesome veggie chow mein recipe?
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/4 head of cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of grated garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce, or 1 1/2 teaspoons of soy sauce with the same amount of brown sugar or molasses
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 12 oz of chow mein noodles or yakisoba noodles if you can’t find any
- Boil water and cook the chow mein noodles for however long the package says to, except take off one minute because you don’t want them to be too soft when you pan fry them.
- Chop up the cabbage while the noodles cook.
- Over very high heat, heat up a large pan or wok for a few minutes before adding in the canola oil.
- The pan should be hot enough that frying the cabbage for just 2-3 minutes softens it. Then, and add the garlic for just 20-30 seconds.
- Put in both of the soy sauces, the oyster sauce, and the water and cook for another minute.
- Lastly, drain and rinse the noodles, and add them to the wok. Cook them for 1-2 minutes so they crisp up and soak up that sauce, and then plate it up!