Pizza comes in many shapes and sizes, and if you’re in the mood to put a fun twist on this popular Italian dish, we’ve got the best recipe you could possibly ask for.
Rachel Maser, behind the popular food blog Clean Food Crush, shared her own take on stuffed mushrooms with a million of her followers, and it’s surprisingly easy to make. If you’re a huge fan of pizza, but prefer it in smaller doses, this is a recipe just for you.
Maser’s recipe features mozzarella and pepperoni slices, but if you prefer some other pizza toppings feel free to get creative when trying this recipe on your own.
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 7 medium-large mushroom caps, stems removed
- 1/2 cup low sugar marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp each; garlic powder, dry Italian seasoning, and sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded high-quality mozzarella
- nitrate-free pepperoni slices
- fresh chopped parsley or basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f.
- In a large oven-proof cast iron or flat rimmed sheet pan, lay out mushrooms upside down as shown.
- Fill each mushroom cap with about a Tablespoon of marinara, and sprinkle it with mozzarella.
- Top each with pepperoni if desired, and bake until cheese is melty, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or basil.