Are you craving hot chocolate, but you don’t have any serving-size packets left in your pantry? Well, a hot chocolate mix is super easy to make! With this mix, all you have to do is add hot water the next time you want a cup of cocoa. This recipe by The Pioneer Woman comes together in five minutes and makes eight servings. The mix keeps in the pantry for up to six months.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cups powdered milk or instant non-fat dry milk
- Mini marshmallows, optional
- In a large bowl, mix the confectioners’ sugar with the unsweetened cocoa, making sure to get rid of any lumps that might be created.
- Stir in the powdered milk and then whisk until all of the ingredients are combined.
- This is the time to add in some mini marshmallows, if it takes your fancy.
- You’re done! When you make the hot cocoa, make sure you combine equal parts hot cocoa mix and hot water, stir thoroughly and enjoy!