A cold noodle salad is perfect for lunch because you don’t have to worry about warming it up, and it is super filling. This recipe is also vegan, which makes it really inclusive for people with all kinds of dietary restrictions. It all comes together really easily, so let’s get started.
- Start by cooking any kind of noodles you like, from soba noodles to rice noodles or whatever you have on hand.
- Once they’re done, drain and rinse them and put them in a bowl.
- Grate some carrot and red cabbage and put that into the bowl as well.
- Slice up green onions and red bell pepper and add that to everything.
- Chop up fresh cilantro and basil, or whatever fresh herbs you have. Add half to the bowl and the other half save for final presentation.
- For the dressing, combine ginger with soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, sesame oil, and a bit of agave for sweetness. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over everything and toss well.
- Add the rest of the chopped herbs to the bowl for a final touch and dig in!
- If you want to save the salad for a later date, don’t add in the dressing until right before you eat it.