This is a more creamy version of the classical Asian corn soup. You can use canned or frozen corn for this dish, but if you have the time and energy—try using freshly cooked corn.
- 1 chopped onion
- 30 g butter
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of corn
- 5 cups of water or chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon grounded white pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pan and then add the onion and the garlic. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the flour and the corn and stir.
- Add in the white wine and let the alcohol evaporate for 3 minutes before adding the water (or chicken broth), and the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 35 minutes and check if you need to add more salt.
- Pour into serving bowls and enjoy.