The Greeks have gifted many inventions to the world, from alarm clocks to the money system as we know it. But one of the things we’re most grateful to have come out of the Mediterranean island is most definitely Greek salad.
Regarded as the most popular salad in the world, the dish is found on pretty much every menu. That means that, like with most things, there are likely to be a few variations on the classic. But if you’re looking for how to make an authentic Greek salad, read on.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1medium red onion
- 1 cup of Kalamata olives
- 1 cup/block of feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumbers into large chunks, and the onion and pepper into thin slices.
- Slice the feta cheese into medium-sized cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and drizzle with the dressing.
- Toss lightly to combine and serve.