Do you love Resse’s Peanut Butter Cups or the equally as delicious Trader Joe’s version? If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate you’ll love these mini homemade peanut butter cups. They only require three ingredients and they’re super easy to make. You’ll want to double this recipe as they’re that good and they’re sure to go quickly.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 6 ounces chocolate (1 cup regular-sized chocolate chips)
- flaky sea salt, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter and maple syrup and stir until well blended.
- Fill a mini cupcake pan with liners or arrange mini cupcake liners on plates.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring after each one, or on the stove with a double boiler.
- Fill the bottom of each cup with 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate. Add a small dollop of peanut butter mixture in the center, about 1/2 teaspoon. Top with another teaspoon of chocolate.
- Freeze them for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sea salt lightly over the tops, then freeze until firm for about 25 minutes more.