If you want to prepare a slow cooker pot roast all you have to do is follow the simple steps below. The prep time only takes 10 minutes.
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large chopped yellow or white onion
- 1 3 pounds chuck or rump roast
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine together the Italian and steak seasoning. Add them to the rump or chuck roast.
- Prepare the slow cooker. Fill it with the carrots, roast, celery, beef broth, onions, and potatoes. If you set it on high you should cook for 6 hours, if you set it on low you should cook for 9 hours.
- Remove the liquid part from the cooker in a pan. Mix it with the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Wait for the mixture to boil.
- In a bowl combine the cold water and cornstarch. Add the mixture to the pan. Lower the heat and cook it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the meat with the gravy on top and the vegetables on the side.