Everyone loves tangy key lime pie. Mostly you only see them tempting you at a diner or even in the frozen section, and those can be pretty pricey! If you love key lime pie and want to make it whenever your heart desires, use this recipe for constant key lime pie action.
There are only six ingredients in the whole pie, which is incredible! You will need graham crackers, unsalted butter, sugar, egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and limes.
This recipe actually uses regular limes instead of key limes since they are normally expensive, and when they aren’t fresh, taste no different to normal limes.
- Grind 1 9 oz package of graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Combine with 5 tablespoons of melted butter as well as 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Press into a pie shell and bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool.
- While the crust cools, combine an entire can of sweetened condensed milk with 4 egg yolks. Whisk well and then pour in 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice.
- Once that is stirred well, pour the filling into the pie and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes, or until the filling jiggles just slightly.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.