Who doesn’t love pizza? It’s one of those meals that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters. Have you made your own pizza at home? The key to making a delicious pizza starts with the dough and this homemade dough is super simple to make and you only have to wait 30 minutes after the dough is formed to start using it as the base for your pizza. Here’s how to make it.
- 2/3 cup warm water (110 F)
- 1/4 ounce active yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- In a bowl combine water, yeast, and sugar and let it stand until foamy for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, and oil and stir until dough forms. Transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough until it’s smooth, elastic, and tacky but not sticky, for about 5 minutes with floured hands. Transfer to a bowl brushed with oil, making sure to turn the dough so it coats evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let it stand in a warm, draft-free place until it’s double the size, for about 30 to 45 minutes.