They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So why not start your morning off right with this amazing savory Mexican-style breakfast. Huevos rancheros will be your new go-to recipe!
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 5 oz of diced chorizo
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- 4 eggs
- 1 diced or sliced avocado
- 3/4 cup of queso fresco or the cheese of your choice
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- In a high-speed blender or food processor pour in the whole peeled tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Blend until smooth and then pour it into a skillet to simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Turn it down to low while you make the rest of the ingredients.
- In another skillet, fry the chorizo until brown and put it into the sauce.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into the large skillet and fry the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side, adding more oil if you need to.
- Heat up refried beans in the large skillet and then put them over the tortillas.
- Finally, add more oil to the large skillet and fry the eggs.
- To assemble, put the tortillas with the beans down first, followed by the eggs, the sauce, and finally top with avocado and cheese! Enjoy!