Are you looking to try a new cocktail? If you’re a fan of gin you’ll love this Bee’s Knees cocktail which is lightly sweetened and citrusy, making it perfect for a nice summer’s day. Here’s how to make it.
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice (about 1/2 medium lemon)
- 2 ounces gin
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- For the honey syrup, combine equal parts honey and water in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan. Warm in the microwave or over the stovetop until the honey can be mixed into the water.
- Peel of a zest of your lemon for the twist with a vegetable peeler or channel knife.
- For the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in honey syrup, lemon juice, and gin. Fasten the lid tightly and shake until the mixture is very cold, for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail to release the oils and drop it in.