Eggs are the ultimate breakfast food and it’s not only because they are nutritious and tasty. One of the main reasons why eggs are great is that they can be customized in countless ways. And some of those ways are quite intriguing.
Take pumpkin scrambled eggs as an example. You probably didn’t think of pairing up pumpkin with eggs for breakfast. However, you might want to, because this dish is quite tasty and a perfect way to shake up your breakfast routine. Here is how to make it.
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices of pumpkin
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt & Peeper
- Peal the pumpkin slices and remove the seeds if there are any. Chop them into small cubes.
- Pour the olive oil into a pan and put on medium heat. Add pumpkin cubes and fry until they are soft.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and then pour over the pumpkin. Introduce grated parmesan and cook the eggs while mixing frequently.
- When the eggs are almost cooked, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped chives over your pumpkin scrambled eggs and serve with a side of sour cream.
- Dig in!