They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you owe it to yourself to prepare something that is both satisfying and healthy. Overnight oats are a great breakfast option – they are perfect for people on the run, and the best part is you can double, triple, or quadruple this recipe so you can be set for the week! Here’s our go-to overnight oats recipe.
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (do not use quick cook because they will get soggy overnight)
- 1/2 cup of the milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt or the dairy-free yogurt of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey, agave nectar, or another sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of jam
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of diced strawberries or raspberries
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peanuts
- First, get a glass jar or container that will hold all the ingredients, but that will also give you some room to mix.
- Then, put in the oats, milk, yogurt, and chia seeds. Mix well and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Then, you can either choose to leave it overnight or add in your toppings right away.
- If you do want to do the toppings the night before to make life easier, just add the jam in one area, the peanut butter in another, the fruit all over, and sprinkle the peanuts on as well.