Not having time in the morning is no longer a good excuse for skipping breakfast! Yes, it really is the most important meal of the day, as it helps you start your day with lasting and fulfilling energy. The best breakfasts are loaded with protein because it keeps you satisfied for longer and gives longer-lasting energy. This easy egg muffin recipe is great for busy mornings because all you need to do is grab it and pop it in the microwave! Meal prep these at the start of the week to save time.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup spinach (chopped finely)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tins.
- Crack eggs in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, cheese, and spinach to the bowl with the eggs. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Add mixture to a muffin tin. Do not overfill.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Store in an airtight container or bag in the fridge or freezer. To reheat, put it in the microwave on low heat for 30 seconds. Repeat until the egg muffin is fully defrosted.