Hot sauce is a beautiful condiment. It provides spice, flavor – and all with almost no calories. Making your own at home is such a great skill to have, because that means you can always rely on yourself if you run out. And if you have friends that like spice, you can make it for them as presents. With only four ingredients necessary, you can’t say no to this recipe.
For this hot sauce, you will need 20 peppers if you’re using something small like a jalapeno or Fresno, and more if you’re using something larger like a poblano.
You will also need 1 1/2 cups of white vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 3 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- If you are using really hot peppers, you may want to put on gloves first.
- Then, cut the tops off of the peppers and slice them lengthwise.
- Put them along with all the rest of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat to a high simmer for about 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Pour everything out of the pot and into a blender, mix until everything is smooth.
- If you want a hotter hot sauce, add in another uncooked pepper.
- Store it and use it as you like!