If you haven’t heard about avocado toast lately, you’ve probably been living under a rock! This popular breakfast and brunch dish has exploded onto the scene as a trendy choice for a nutritious and healthy dish.
Unfortunately, as anyone who has ever ordered avocado toast at a restaurant before probably knows, the price that you generally pay for this meal is disproportionately high! So, why not learn how to make it at home? Here’s how!
- 2 slices of high-quality bread (preferably whole wheat and/or artesanal, from a local bakery)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Start off by heating up a skillet or a toaster. Once this device is ready, add a little bit of olive oil on the outside of your bread and toast it until it is golden-brown and firm. This is the first step to enjoying great avocado toast!
- Next, open up the ripe avocado, remove the pit, and take out all of the delicious, creamy flesh with a spoon. Put it into a small bowl, and then add the olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Mash all of the ingredients together with a spoon until it has reached a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Take the toast, spread this avocado mix on top of each piece, and there you have it! Your avocado toast is ready to enjoy.