Now that we’re all spending time at home and feeling anxious for not knowing when the pandemic will end, it’s more appropriate than ever to cook comfort food and enjoy it with your family. If you’re into pasta and haven’t really stocked your pantry recently, try this simple recipe with the ingredients that you most definitely have at home.
- 1 box spaghetti, whole-grain if possible
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fill a pot with water and add salt to taste. When it starts boiling, add pasta.
- Finely chop the garlic and sprinkle it with some salt.
- Take a sauté pan and add olive oil and butter in it. Let it melt on medium heat until the butter starts to lightly bubble.
- Add garlic and red pepper and stir until the garlic browns. Remove the pan from heat.
- Drain your pasta after it’s cooked al dente. Transfer it to a serving dish and coat with the garlic oil mix. Sprinkle with salt and pepper flakes to taste. Enjoy!