Most people have heard of Chinese five-spice, but have you ever heard of Lebanese seven-spice? It’s another spice mix that is crucial in Lebanese cooking because the flavors bring you close to the Middle Eastern country’s origins. Not only does it make your food taste great, but with the upcoming holiday season approaching, you can make this and give it out as presents to friends and family! So try out Lebanese seven-spice for yourself.
- Five tablespoons of ground allspice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- Five tablespoons of ground cloves
- Four tablespoons of ground nutmeg
- Four tablespoons of ground fenugreek
- Four tablespoons of ground ginger
- Pour all the spices into a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a small whisk or a fork, mix all the spices together well. Use a funnel to transfer the spices into an air-tight container.
- Store in a dark, dry place and it will save up to 6 months!
- To use the spice mix, just take 1/2-1 teaspoon of it and use it as you like! You can use a bit more for dry rubs for meat, or take a small amount and use it to flavor a tomato sauce to go over rice, meat, vegetables, and beyond.