Creme brulee might sound fancy, but it’s so easy to do at home with this recipe!
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup of sugar
- 6 eggs
- First start off by separating the eggs. You can save the egg yolks for omelettes, meatballs, or meringue!
- Then, split the vanilla bean in half and use the back of a small knife to scrape out the caviar and put it along with the pod into a medium pot.
- Pour in the cream and then turn the heat on medium-high and bring it to a boil.
- Cover it, set it to the side for 15 minutes, and then take out the pod.
- In a large bowl, add the egg yolks and half of the sugar. Whisk until the color is a light yellow, and then slowly pour in the hot cream. Do it as slowly as you can or the eggs will cook and become scrambled eggs.
- Pour mixture into ramekins and put them into a baking dish.
- Fill the dish with hot water so it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. This will ensure an even bake.
- Bake at 325 F for 40-45 minutes, then pour the remaining sugar on top of the ramekins and broil them for a few minutes until the sugar has caramelized, or use a blowtorch to do it.