Eggplant is an awesome versatile vegetable that is used often in a lot of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking. It is also a delicious vegetable to fry and can be added to loads of different dishes, or used as the star in a vegetarian meal! If you want to learn how to fry eggplant, it really could not be easier.
- Start by cutting your eggplant into the shapes you want. If you want an even fry and really crispy pieces, use a mandolin to cut them into little disks.
- Once all the eggplant is cut up, sprinkle them on each side with salt. This will extract a lot of moisture and make them crispier when you fry them.
- Leave the salt on for 10-20 minutes and then blot off the water that comes out of it.
- Beat some eggs in a bowl and fill another bowl with flour and whatever seasonings you want – such as oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic powder.
- Cover the eggplant pieces in the beaten egg and then coat with the flour mixture.
- Fry in a pan full of oil until they are brown on each side.
- Drain, dry with a paper towel, and throw a little salt on them and you’re done!