Don’t yet know what you want to cook up for dinner tonight? We have the perfect simple, yet delicious chicken recipe for you. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, and we bet you already have most of them in your kitchen. This honey soy chicken thigh recipe will knock your socks off! It will be your next go-to dinner recipe.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- About three pounds of chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a garlic press to mince the garlic cloves or do it by hand and add it to a large bowl.
- In that bowl add in the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and black pepper. Whisk so it’s well combined and cohesive.
- Place the chicken thighs into the sauce and coat well. Then, cover it and stick it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Once you’re happy with how long the chicken has been marinating, take it out, shaking off the excess sauce, and put it onto a baking sheet or into a baking dish in one single layer.
- Cook at 425 F for 25 minutes with the skin facing up. Then, flip it and cook for 10 more minutes. Finally, flip one last time and cook for 10 minutes to get the skin crispy.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure it’s reached 165 F, then take it out and let it rest for 5 minutes before enjoying!