Fruit-based liqueurs are the perfect choice for people who don’t like the taste of other alcoholic drinks. They are yummy, go down easily, and will give you the buzz you are looking for. You just need to be careful, as it’s really easy to get carried away and drink much more than you planned due to their deliciousness. The easiest way to indulge in this tasty and refreshing drink is, of course, to order it in a bar or buy some in your nearest grocery store. But it isn’t the only way, as making liqueur at home is incredibly easy.
Opting for a homemade version will not only save you money, but you will also probably end up with a better product. Here’s how to make blueberry liqueur.
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 2 ½ cups blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup rum
- Combine the sugar and blueberries into a bigger pot. Put in half of the blueberries and then cover them with half of the sugar. Add the remaining half in the same order.
2. Pour the wine into the pot and leave the mix to rest at room temperature for 24 hours.
3. Place the pot on the stove and bring to boil. Add rum and let cook for one minute before taking it off.
4. While the liqueur is still hot, pour it into glass bottles and seal them. Let them cool off before storing them in the fridge.
5. Pop the bottle open whenever you are in the mood.