With summer upon us, fruits are at their peak and we need to take advantage of all the fresh produce available. This salad pairs juicy peaches with chicken breasts, feta cheese, pecans, and mixed greens for a healthy summer meal. Check it out below.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag mixed greens or Spinach
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ripe peaches, stoned and cut into quarters
- 4 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 3 1/2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a griddle pan and toss the chicken in 1/2 tbsp of oil and season. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until it’s cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Toss the peach slices in 1/2 tbsp oil and ground pepper. Grill on the cut side for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Mix the remaining olive oil, vinegar, honey, and chili. Toss with salad leaves.
- Put the chicken and peach slices on top of the salad and top with feta and pecans.