Who knew the secret to making ravioli was wonton wrappers? Make homemade ravioli at home with these wonton wrappers.
- 1 package of wonton or gyoza wrappers
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- Lightly flour the surface where you intend on assembling the ravioli, but be more heavy-handed with the flouring in the place where you’ll be putting the finished ravioli so they don’t dry out while you continue to make the whole batch.
- If the ricotta cheese seems wet, drain it in the sink with a cheesecloth, then put it into a medium-sized bowl.
- To the ricotta, add the nutmeg, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to your taste. Feel free to add in other ingredients, this is simply the base.
- Beat the egg white for 20-30 seconds in a small bowl.
- Take the wrappers and fill them with 1 teaspoon of the filling, then, lightly brush the edges of the wrapper with the egg white. This will create a seal when you put the second wonton wrapper on top of it.
- At this point, if you want to cut out any shapes out of the ravioli, now is the time. You can also leave it square.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, and cook the ravioli for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with any sauce you like and enjoy!