Are you a huge fan of mint chocolate, but have a hard time coming across recipes that celebrate your biggest obsession? Look no further, because this recipe for chocolate peppermint cups is all you’ve been searching for.
Vegan food blog Cookie and Kate shared this delicious recipe with the masses, and you need less than five ingredients to make it happen. Dark chocolate and peppermint extract are the shining stars of this mint-flavored dessert, and everything else is entirely up to you.
The original recipe only includes a tiny dose of raw honey and sea salt, but Kate also recommends giving peanut butter, caramel or toffee a shot. Check out the original recipe and see if it will spark your imagination and inspire you to experiment with different ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and peppermint extract until combined.
- Arrange mini cupcake liners on plate(s) or fill a mini cupcake pan with the liners, if you have one.
- Melt the chocolate. Fill the bottom of each cup with 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate.
- Add a small dollop of the honey mixture in the center, then top it with another teaspoon of the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt over the cups.
- Freeze the candies until firm, about 30 minutes, then they will be ready to eat! For maximum longevity, store them in the refrigerator in a sealed bag.