Linzer cookies are beautiful cookies to look at, and easy to make!
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 10 tablespoons of softened unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Put the raspberries, sugar, half the sugar, and lemon juice in a pot and cook for 10 minutes until it turns into a thick jam. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or more.
- Mix the flour and almond flour in a bowl.
- Cream the butter, remaining sugar, salt, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Crack in the egg and mix for 1-2 more minutes.
- Pour in the flours and fold gently with a spatula only until the flour is incorporated.
- Wrap the dough and chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge.
- Lightly flour a surface, sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough, and roll it out so it/s 1/4 inch thick.
- Stamp out the cookies with a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter and then use a 1/2 inch cutter or piping tip to cut out circles from the center of half of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 F, cool fill with jam, and sandwich with the cutout cookie on top