Homemade corn tortillas are such a fun recipe to make for dinner parties, or just as an everyday staple!
- 2 cups of masa harina
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- Begin by whisking the masa harina and the salt together in a big bowl.
- Switch to a wooden spoon and add in one cup of the warm water and mix.
- Slowly add in more of the water until it turns into a dough. You want to do this slowly because you might not need all of the water in the end.
- Knead the dough so it forms a ball and then from it, take out golf ball-sized balls.
- Put a piece of wax paper or plastic wrap onto a tortilla press or onto your countertop.
- Put the ball on top and then another piece of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Flatten the ball with the press or with a baking sheet so it’s thin but not falling apart.
- Heat up a pan over medium or medium-high heat. Start by cooking on one side for 10-15 seconds, then flip and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side so brown spots form.
- Repeat this, let them cool, and then put them in an airtight container in the fridge for later!