Pad thai is easy if you have the right ingredients!
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 8 oz of flat rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 8 oz of tofu or the protein of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- 2 limes
- Mix together the fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sriracha, and peanut butter together in a medium bowl. Leave it to the side.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Heat up some oil in a skillet. Thinly slice the bell pepper and add them to the skillet with whatever protein you are cooking.
- Cook the protein almost all the way through, and then add the garlic at the end to cook for another 30-60 seconds.
- Move everything over to one side of the pan, add a little more oil, beat the eggs, and pour them into the skillet.
- Once the eggs have cooked, mix them with the other ingredients in the skillet, and then add in the noodles, some of the peanuts, sauce, and bean sprouts.
- Toss to coat in the sauce, and then serve with more peanuts on top, sliced scallions, and lime juice!