Beach boardwalk food is the best—there’s fries, ice cream, pizza, corndogs, and funnel cake. Funnel cake is fried goodness and it’s typically only found on boardwalks or at carnivals or fairs. Well, you can make the delicious treat at home in 15 minutes! Keep reading for the recipe.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- oil for deep-fat frying
- confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add milk, vanilla, and water until mixed well.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl, and beat in the egg mixture.
- In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat oil to 375 F.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger and ladle 1/2 cup batter into the funnel.
- Hold the funnel above the oil and release your finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is in the skillet.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Drain with paper towels.
- Top with confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.