Savor the flavors of spring with this light and refreshing pea and mint soup. It has a zestiness to it as well as a wholesome fresh and will go great with crusty bread dipped in. Here’s a recipe for how to make it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of frozen peas
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Greek yogurt or crème fraîche for serving
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until softened. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Add frozen peas to the pot and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until peas are tender. Stir in fresh mint leaves and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice for a hint of brightness. If desired, serve the pea and mint soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt or crème fraîche and garnish with additional mint leaves.