Willow Smith may have whipped her hair back and forth back in the day, but we’re all about whipping something else—feta. Feta is a fantastic addition to salads and pasta dishes as the Greek cheese is both crumbly and creamy at the same time. While we adore feta in its natural form, whipped feta is our new favorite.
• 8 ounces quality feta, drained
• ¾ cup Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
• 2-3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
• 1-2 tablespoons crushed pistachios
• Lemon zest
- Blend the feta, Greek yogurt, and lemon zest in a blender or food processor. While the processor is running, drizzle olive oil through the top opening until the feta is whipped to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the whipped feta to a serving plate. With the back of your spoon, smooth the top of the feta, making an indentation in the center. Pour some olive oil all over the feta, then top with the red pepper flakes, fresh herbs, and nuts.
- Serve with pita chips or pita wedges, on a salad, or on toast—however you’d like!