Bagels are one of the most popular sandwich breads out there, and if you’re looking for a way to top yours, you’ve come to the right place. Check out these delicious combinations, each of which offers amazing texture and full on flavor.
Marinaded Eggplant and Sriracha Mayo
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha mayo
- A handful of fresh salad leaves
- Mix the oil, harissa paste, and miso paste together.
- Slice the eggplant in half and score its centre with a knife.
- Pour over the marinade and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Spread the bagels with the mayonnaise and stuff with the cooked marinaded eggplant and the salad leaves.
Pickled Cucumber and Smoked Salmon
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Smoked salmon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of cream cheese
- Finely slice the cucumber.
- Mix the water, vinegar, and salt together and submerge the cucumber pieces in it. Leave for half an hour.
- Spread the cream cheese over the bagels, and top with the salmon and cucumber.