Whether you’re grilling fish, roasting meat, or steaming vegetables, this spice paste offers the perfect burst of flavor, texture, and spice. Rub it over potatoes before roasting, mix it up into a marinade, or thin it down into a delicious salad dressing.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Slice the onion finely and fry in the oil.
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan.
- Slice the pepper and add this, fry for 10 minutes.
- Blitz the mix in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the blended mix back into the pan, add the spices and stir through. Add a splash of water to loosen if needed.