Garlic isn’t just a flavor enhancer. It’s packed with health benefits. It contains compounds with potent medicinal properties, is highly nutritious, and boosts the immune system – perfect for warding off colds. When transformed into a soup, garlic’s intensity softens into a milder, sweeter flavor, making it palatable and surprisingly comforting. So forget about the garlic breath and let’s jump in.
- 3 Bulbs of garlic
- Olive oil or butter
- Onions and herbs for added flavor
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- A splash of cream or a beaten egg for richness
- Croutons or stale bread for texture
- Begin by gently cooking the garlic in olive oil or butter, allowing it to become golden and aromatic without burning.
- Introduce onions and select herbs to the pot, sautéing them until translucent, which lays down a flavor base for the soup.
- Pour in your broth of choice and let the soup simmer, melding the flavors together into a cohesive, fragrant liquid.
- Right before serving, stir in a bit of cream or a beaten egg, which adds a luxurious creaminess to the soup.
- Garlic Soup is traditionally served with croutons or pieces of stale bread, adding a satisfying crunch or soak-up quality to the dish.