Fried rice is a great way to use up rice from the previous day, and this dish will make sure you get lots of vegetables and protein. Here’s how to make it.
- 8 ounces of basmati rice (ideally cooked the day before and kept in the fridge)
- 6 ounces of chicken breast
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 brown onion
- 8 ounces of tender-stem broccoli
- Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Chop up your onion and fry on medium heat in your oil until lightly brown. Add your mushrooms and a pinch of salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop up the tender stem broccoli and cook for 10 minutes before cooking the garlic.
- Heat up a separate pan and cook your chicken breasts in small chunks until it is brown on the outside. When it is cooked, add it to your vegetable pan.
- Add a generous amount of soy sauce into your pan before adding your rice from yesterday. Salt to taste and it is ready to serve!