Granola is a classic breakfast option that also makes for a delicious snack. Here’s a chocolate granola recipe that is easy to make and won’t disappoint.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup mixed nuts (e.g., almonds, pecans), chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir well. In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt the coconut oil and mix it with the honey or maple syrup and pure vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well-coated.
- Spread the sticky mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Press it down with a spatula to create a compact layer.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden brown, stirring it every 10 minutes for
- Once the granola is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking sheet. Once cooled, break up the clusters and enjoy!