Everyone loves a good spread. They are great for snacking when paired with toast or a slice of sourdough bread, but can also work well as ingredients in other dishes.
One of the spreads we can’t get enough of lately is tapenade. This popular French spread, made with olives, capers, and anchovies, is not only delicious but also doesn’t require you to go to the grocery store, as you can make it at home. Here’s how.
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- ¼ cup pitted green olives
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- Rinse the black olives and green olives under cold water and drain. Put in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until you get a smooth paste-like consistency.
- Stop the blender from time to time in order to scrape the ingredients that were stuck on the side.
- Spread on bread, use it as a dip or add to pasta dishes.
- Place the remainder of the tapenade in a container with a lid and store it in the fridge. It will remain good for about two weeks.