Just because you have a tough piece of meat, doesn’t mean you can’t make it fall apart. Brisket is notorious for being on the firmer side, but all you need is a bit of patience to make it totally tasty.
- 5-6 pounds brisket
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chili sauce
- 2 cans cranberry sauce
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In large pan, sauté sliced onions and garlic in oil until browned, and then remove from the pan.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper, and sear in the same pan used for the onions and garlic.
- Once seared on all sides, add the onions and garlic under the brisket.
- Add in chili sauce, cranberry sauce, wine, and vinegar.
- Sprinkle the top of the brisket with brown sugar and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3.5 hours, until the meat is falling apart.