Knowing how to make baked pears is a great skill to have, because they come in handy in so many different ways! You can serve them with ice cream, as a sweet treat for brunch, or serve them with yogurt for breakfast. They only require six ingredients, take 20 minutes tops to make, and keep well in the fridge! Let’s get started.
For this recipe, you will need:
2 medium pears that are fairly ripe
4 teaspoons of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons of orange marmalade
You can also sub the marmalade for apple butter, but if you do, you might want to omit the sugar and cinnamon since those ingredients will already be present in the apple butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel both the pears and cut them in half, and scoop out a bit of the core. Place them into a shallow baking dish with the cut side facing up.
- Put one teaspoon of butter inside each of the pears and drizzle the lemon juice over the pears.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle the mixture over the pears and finish each one with 1 teaspoon of the marmalade or apple butter.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 15-20 minutes!