French Toast is one of our favorite traditional American recipes. Despite its misleading name, this breakfast and brunch favorite comes from the United States, where it is a beloved weekend treat in many homes around the country.
Want to learn how to make it yourself? Here’s how!
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 6 slices of bread
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Whisk these ingredients together to make a bath for the bread.
- Take the slices of bread and dip them into the mixture to soak the bread on both sides.
- Melt a piece of butter in a frying pan that is on the stove on medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, put the soaked pieces of bread in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat the process until you have used all six pieces of bread.
- You can put maple syrup, berries, powdered sugar, or whipped cream on top. Serve and enjoy!