Regular coffee doesn’t do the job of shaking you up in the morning? Then why not try giving it a little boost with a shot of whiskey and making it Irish?
Irish coffee is a popular beverage that combines two things that you would think shouldn’t be combined; coffee and whiskey. However, it turns out they go great hand in hand, mixing to create a perfect beverage for all occasions. If you don’t believe us, make it yourself using the recipe below.
- 1 cup of hot coffee (freshly brewed)
- 1 shot of whiskey (1.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Whipped cream
- Make a cup of your preferred coffee. The best choice here is filter coffee as it won’t overpower whiskey.
- Pour some hot water into your coffee mug to warm it up. Discard the water and pour in the coffee until the mug is ¼ away from being full.
- Sweeten a tablespoon of brown sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add a shot of whiskey. You can use any you want, but our recommendation is to stay true to the recipe and opt for an Irish brand like Jameson.
- Give it a good stir and top it with whipped cream.
- Take a sip and marvel at how good the drink is.